Background. The constitution of the Russian Federation in p. 1 Art. 9, p. 2 Art. 36 and the Land Code of the Russian Federation in item 11 of Art. 1 fix a need of implementation of the land use which is based on a combination of public interests to the rights of individuals. At the same time, at the legislative level a legal definition of the term “public interest” is absent, which predetermines existence of a gap in legal regulation. The goal of the study is to give the author's definition of the concept “public interest” for elimination of legal uncertainty of the regulation of the relations in the sphere of realization of the land ownership right by public formations.
Materials and methods. Implementation of the research objectives was achieved on the basis of the analysis of such legal categories, as the property right, in the context of its realization by public formations, explanations of the legal nature of the category “public interest” as the bases for actions of public formations, balance of interests, a comparison of private and public interests. A special place in the framework of this study is occupied by the search of the author's definition of the term “public interest”, based on studying various legal approaches to this concept by scientists-lawyers.
Results. The concept “public interest” was investigated both in terms of a general scientific position and in terms of a strict legal meaning of this term. Features of the legal status of public formations were analysed in the context of realization of the land ownership right by them; various scientific approaches to the concept “public interest” were studied and given; gaps in constitutional and legal regulation of the relations of land use were revealed.
Conclusions. In conclusion, the article presents the author's definition of the term “public interest”, which can be used for unification and improvement of the domestic legislation.
1. Skryl' S. M. Vestnik Chelyabinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of chelyabinsk State University]. 2008, no. 31 (132), p. 76.
2. Ozhegov S. I. Slovar' russkogo yazyka [Russian language dictionary]. Ekaterinburg, 1993.
3. Talapina E., Tikhomirov Yu. Pravo i ekonomika [Law and economics]. Moscow, 2002, no. 6, p. 3.
4. Mikhaylov S. V. Kategoriya interesa v rossiyskom grazhdanskom prave [Category of interest in the Russian civil law]. Moscow, 2002, 205 p.
5. Aleksandrova L. A. Publichnost' kak osnovanie ugolovno-protsessual'nogo prava [Publicity as a ground for law of penal procedure]. Moscow, 2007, 144 p.
6. Byrledyanu V. I. Publichno-pravovye interesy naseleniya munitsipal'nogo obrazovaniya : avtoref. dis. kand. yurid. nauk: 12.00.02 [Public-legal interests of society of a municipal formation: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Saratov, 1998, 28 p.
7. Kravchenko O. Yu. Publichnye i chastnye interesy v prave: politiko-pravovoe issledovanie: dis. kand. yurid. nauk: 12.00.01 [Public and private interests in law: political and legal research: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Kazan, 2004, 156 p.
8. Dan'kov A. A.Problemy mestnogo samoupravleniya [Problems of local self-government].2005,no.4(16),p.23.
9. Tikhomirov Yu. A. Publichnoe pravo [Public law]. Moscow, 1995, 496 p.
10. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2009, no. 20, art. 2444.
11. Bakaeva O. Yu., Pogodina N. A. Zhurnal rossiyskogo prava [Russian law journal]. Moscow: Norma, 2011, no. 4, pp. 36–47.
12. Sharnina L. A. Konstitutsionnoe i munitsipal'noe pravo [Constitutional and municipal law].2005,no.4,pp.4–6.
13. Baglay M. V. Konstitutsionnoe pravo Rossiyskoy Federatsii: ucheb. dlya vuzov [Constitutional law of the Russian Federation: textbook for universities]. 4th ed. Moscow, 2003, 800 p.
14. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2006, no. 8, art. 945.
15. Aliev T. T. Sovremennoe pravo [Modern law]. 2010, no. 4, pp. 63–67.
16. Goshulyak V. V. Sobstvennost' v konstitutsionnom izmerenii [Property as a constitutional aspect]. Moscow: Yurlitinform, 2012, 216 p.
17. Kozlova V. N. Gosudarstvennaya vlast' i mestnoe samoupravlenie [State authority and local self-government]. 2011, no. 7, p. 37.
18. Pyatkov D. V. Uchastie Rossiyskoy Federatsii, sub"ektov Rossiyskoy Federatsii i muni¬tsipal'nykh obrazovaniy v grazhdanskikh pravootnosheniyakh [Participation of the Russian Federation, subjects of the Russian Federation and municipal formations in civil legal relations]. Saint-Petersburg, 2003, 329 p.
19. Misnik G. A. Agrarnoe i zemel'noe pravo [Agrarian and land law]. 2005, no. 5, p. 93.